Yay, Tim Holtz is doing his famous Tags of the year blog posts in 2016. So here is my version of the January tag.
First I used my trusty Tim Holtz Tag & Bookplates die to cut a large tag from an old birthday card (I used this die to cut all the tags for last year too). As I am going to cover the card I thought I may as well recycle some scrap.
I laid two strips of sticky backed aluminium foil on the tag and rubbed them over with a brayer so they were very flat. I tucked the excess over to the back of the tag and gave that a quick brayer too.
Then I ran the tag through my Big Shot die cutter, inside the Chevron embossing folder by Darice. I used the number 2 option on the Big Shot platform. I always use this for embossing folders even though the platform recommends using option 1.
I took a Jet Black StazOn ink pad and rubbed it over the tag. As long as you keep it reasonably flat against the tag, only the raised parts will pick up the ink.
I cut a rectangle of a patterned paper from the Home Grown stack by Hot Off The Press. I used Tuxedo Black Memento ink to ink up the edges of this panel.
Then I added a black star shaped paper clip to one edge and four “antique brass” coloured split pins to the corners of the panel. I then glued the panel to the tag. I used my Crop-a-dile Big Bite to add a dark blue rivet to the tag hole (to match the colour of the robot)
Next I used one of the Tin Teddy Sexy Robot Lady clip art images and resized it so it would fit nicely on my tag. I selected around the robot, inverted my selection, and enlarged it by 30 pixels. I then created another layer, below the robot, and filled the selection with black. I made a simple “ROBOT” label whilst I was at it, and printed them out onto photographic paper.
I cut out the robot lady, leaving a small black border (which is why I backed her with black before printing). I ran the side of a black Sharpie pen around the edge of the cut out, to remove the white edge and give a neat finish. I did the same for the ROBOT label.
I added the robot lady and the ROBOT label to the tag using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.
I found a shiny star shaped brad that fitted inside the paperclip beautifully, so added that to the tag.
Finally, I tied some glittery silver ribbon and a couple of strands of black rattail cord to the tag to finish.