Here is a video of how I made a mixed media tag with a sweet little witch.
A tag like this is great to fix on a Halloween gift, or as an embellishment on a greetings card. Or you could just hang it up as a decoration (which is what I did).
I was still very much learning about shooting craft videos, and how to use my editing software, when this was filmed. I was also still rather nervous about talking on camera, and tend to twitter on a bit.
What I used in the video:
- “Little Girl” Julie Nutting rubber stamp from Prima Marketing
- Friskars Stamp Press
- Mememto “Tuxedo Black” dye ink
- Neenah “Classic Crest” card – 216gsm
- “The Pocket full of Posies” paper stack from Die Cuts With a View
- Witch’s hat from “Booyah” stamp set by Lawn Fawn
- Multi Medium Matte by Ranger
- Scrap of mount board
- Sizzix “Tags and Bookplates” die by Tim Holtz Alternations
- “Peeled Paint” Distress Ink by Ranger
- Pigment Modelling Paste, Fine
- Metallic Purple acrylic paint from Wilko
- Speciality Mat Stacks – Mulberry Classic – from Die Cuts with a View
- Distress Markers by Ranger – “Peeled Paint”, “Soot Black” and “Spiced Marmalade”
- Tin Teddy Wooden Letter Tiles digital collage sheet – the 1/2″ tiles
- Pitt “big brush” markers by Faber Castell – “Caput Mortuum” (chocolate brown)
- Halloween die from Cuttlebug
- Uniball White gel pen
- Black Sharpie marker
- Gardner’s twine from Sainsbury’s in green and orange
- Tonic glass cutting mat
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers used:
Socks and petticoat – IG1
- Skin – DG1, DG2, LG3
- Hair -PL2, PL4, PL5
- Bow and shoes – OR2, OR3
Close up of the top of the tag
And a close up of the bottom
I am entered my tag into the October Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. The challenge is to create something using a word from their wordsearch. I am using.. WITCH and PURPLE.
I also entered the tag into the Tim Holtz Monthly 12 Tags of 2015.
This post was originally made on 11 October 2015 as part of “Shriek Week”, and has been updated, and reposted in Septemeber 2022.